composing

So i was browsing the net today, well actually i was just reading LOSTPEDIA, a lunchtime well spent in my books:) but seriously though theres so much information on there its insane. I came across this very interesting article about the award acceptance speech by Michael Giacchino. The composer for LOST and FRINGE and many other super awesome shows. Also, he did the scores for the whole Medal Of Honor series. Anyway, right at the bottom of this post is some info about Michael for those who dont know him. And for those who do know him, heres his very very very cool acceptance speech. I think he got an oscar, or a grammy? something cool like that.

michael

Acceptance Speech

Thank you, guys. When I was... I was nine and I asked my dad, "Can I have your movie camera? That old, wind-up 8 millimeter camera that was in your drawer?" And he goes, "Sure, take it." And I took it and I started making movies with it and I started being as creative as I could, and never once in my life did my parents ever say, "What you're doing is a waste of time." Never. And I grew up, I had teachers, I had colleagues, I had people that I worked with all through my life who always told me what you're doing is not a waste of time. So that was normal to me that it was OK to do that. I know there are kids out there that don't have that support system so if you're out there and you're listening, listen to me: If you want to be creative, get out there and do it. It's not a waste of time. Do it. OK? Thank you. Thank you.

No... thank you Michael, for adding that extra bit of perfectness to LOST. Im sure it will be fine if i say i speak for all LOST fans when i say that the show just wouldnt be the same with out you, so well done. Oh and thanks for Jacks Song:) and for those of you who font watch LOST... do yourself a favour. and start watching it already.

poster

Heres a short snippet from Wikipedia:

Michael Giacchino is an American composer who has composed scores for movies, television series and video games. His most notable work include the score to ultimate best television series LOST. Giacchino has continued his collaboration with Legendary genius JJ Abrams. He wrote a homage to Japanese monster scores in an overture titled "ROAR!" which played over the credits of the Abrams produced monster movie Cloverfield. It was the only original music for the entire film. He is also the composer of the new Abrams show, Fringe.


1 Comments:

  1. Moonbeam

    wow this guy is amazing!

    his sounds inspire me and it does add to the mysteriously mystical ever changing LOST aesthetic. It is amazing! I love this guy! He's a legend plus he is so understated and that just makes him way cooler!

    Peace

     

Post a Comment