Below is one of my favourite songs of all time, James Holden & Julie Thompson - Nothing (93 Returning Mix). From the very beginning, from the first distorted clap, to the part where that indecipherable lyrics gets thrown into the mix, till the fade out. What a production! To me, music of this kind is the most soul satisfying, tracks like this falls under the banner of 'immortal trance' (that sounds nice). Not that its trance, but you know what i mean dont you? Im not going to go into that whole debate about whats progressive and whats trance and bla bla bla. Just listen to the music.

Thats all that needs to be said. My favourite mix is most definitely the '93 Returning Mix'. James Holden and Julie have worked together for a while under 'Holden & Thompson', I am on a mission to find their old material. Anyway, the reason I posted this track was simply because i want YOU (the person reading this text) to listen to it, whoever you may be (it really doesn't matter). What ever music you listen to, where you come from, whats your religion or race, thats all irrelevant. If you claim to love and appreciate good music, then do yourself the favour by pressing play.



Also, I would have to advise you to play this loud, either on your headphones, or on your speakers or whatever, but do not, for any reason, even attempt to play this track on your phone, or soft, or in the office (where the sound of music is usually left to the dumbed down radio). You will kill the soul of the song. Dead. And that is no joke.

James Holden Wiki

James Holden & Thompson - Nothing (93 Returning Mix) / Follow the link to download the track, I know you want to! 9 minutes of pure bliss is what it is!

James Holden & Thompson - Nothing (93 Returning Mix)


4 Comments:

  1. Renaissance Girl

    This song just made me do a slow trance like dance around my desk. I love it. One of my favourite tracks of all time. I love how deep and sultry it is.

    Everything is so cohesive and sexy. I love it.

     
  2. TH FRKTNST

    I know I know! I cant really dance here at work, but I know exactly what you mean. And yes it is super sultry, this song belongs in an awesome movie! A movie about music.

     
  3. Trancelover

    Yes! I agree with every word you said about this track. It's in my top 10 trance tracks ever, the style is so unique and I prefer those 'shuffled' words than the original lyrics. I'm so happy that anyone noticed such a beauty of this track, shame that 9 minutes is probably waaay too long for anyone that doesn't listen to trance. I feel honored to be a person to have heard this track

     
  4. JonasJudah

    The song evokes in me a certain past - it just takes you somewhere. And I tinker with music software and wonder how they were able to affect/shuffle the vocal the way they did. Amazing work. For me it's in the top 10 all-time favorite. Simply b/c of the production that went into it. Add this fan to James Holden's list.

     

Post a Comment