I dont know what peoples take is on Kanye West these days, because I know the dude has done a lot of crazy shit in the past. I personally always dig his music and his productions because I find it so different from all the other shit thats out there. His rap flow is sick, but what I really enjoy is his production style. Its very playful and the quality is impeccable. I have been banging the new collaboration album a lot lately, I cant get enough of it actually.



Jay Z (one of the greatest rappers alive) and Kanye came together to make a master piece of an album. The lyrics are super cool and gives you a deeper insight into how these two guys think. They do rap a lot about money and clothes and all of the bitches and slette and stuff. But the way they do it makes it cool. Their swag is oozing over the brim on this album. I am a fan, even their music video for their track 'otis' is fucking cool. Who the fuck cuts up a Maybach, and turns it into a rocket car, just for kicks. These definitely know how to party. Heres a list of my favourite songs off the album:

♥ No Church In The Wild (Feat. Frank Ocean)

♥ Niggas In Paris (Feat. Will Ferrel)

♥ Otis (Feat. Otis Redding)

♥ Gotta Have It

♥ New Day

♥ Made In America (Feat. Frank Ocean)

♥ Hard As A Motherfucker

♥ The Joy (Feat. Curtis Mayfield)

Heres the Otis track off soundcloud. Listen to this jus sampling man:

Otis feat. Otis Redding by watchthethrone



I think what also adds to the ultra cool factor of this album is the fact that they used such jus samples, from curtis mayfield to will ferrel to otis redding. And the fact that they worked with Odd Future member Frank Mother Fucking Ocean is a major plus for me, that guy has a killer voice. Like I said production is super cool as well, I think I read somewhere that they worked with Wu Tang founder RZA on 'New Day'. Swag.


1 Comments:

  1. David No Morales

    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

    I LOVE Jay and Ye! Man this album is the best I have heard in a loooong time. Thought rap was dead. And you are right the samples are very well done.

     

Post a Comment