Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper take on the open road in East Rider - 1969

Play this song, while reading this post. It will enhance your mental wellbeing.

Motorcitysoul - Space Katzle (Jerome Sydenham Remix)

I have always been a huge fan of motorbikes. Always, I think its because of Grand Theft Auto. All the stunts and stuff. Or it could be watching 'Easy Rider' with Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper with Jack Nicholson. That was a really cool movie. Released in 1969. What a great year on Mother Earth. The same year as the legendary Woodstock festival.

But why do I love bikes? Well, for me, its just the sound of starting a bike, to getting your helmet on, to that idea of you being alone, taking on the open road. That ultimate sense of adventure. Nothing can take that away from you. That feeling, I guess thats why I love the movie Drive with Ryan Gosling so much. I relate to that character a bit. The relationship he has with driving a vehicle. I feel that with a motorbike. Vintage and custom motorbikes is an indulgence of mine, even if its just looking and admiring. Super bikes are cool, but vintage and concept bikes, thats like epitome of mechanical love. Here are some of my favourites. Imagine riding one of these beautiful machines.

Triumph Helrich Custom Cycle aka The Retro Streetfighter

BMW R75/5 Custom (1972 Model)

Harley V-ROD Custom

Chappall Customs Yamaha XS650

Kawasaki Z1 900


3 Comments:

  1. Sarah J

    Where on earth do you find the time blog mister? Cool bikes also.

     
  2. The Reticul8r

    Um well. I don't blog too often anymore. But when I do, I love doing it. Its fun somehow. Cant explain it really. It just is what it is. Thanks for checking it out though :)

     
  3. PsyTrooper.

    one day, we'll cruise through life with a wrist without a watch, wind in our hair, and a destination only the universe will decide.

     

Post a Comment