So. If you know me, you know I am super in love with music, not just any music though, not that radio friendly bubble gum. Oh no. Fuck that. Im talking about that Skunk Anansie, that Radiohead, that Daft Punk, that Rick Rubin shit, that Jay Z and kanye, that Dead Prez, that (OVO) and especially that super fresh The Weeknd stuff. Anything that oozes real substance. Man, I love that shit, cant get enough of it actually. Would take a couple of bullets for any of those guys, straight to the face.

Anyway, been really pumping that Watch The Throne album lately, thanks to my homie Ziyaad Lalla, who is also listening to it as much as I am. Its love man thats what it is. Both of us are really lovers of impeccable musical production.



We love it all, from Anjunabeats and Anjunadeep, Ed Banger, The Neptunes, Daft Punk, Noah Shebib 40, and that whole (OVO) Stevie Wonder sampling awesomeness. We just love it all! How can you not? And that West Coast Death Row Records 'aint nothing but a G thang baby' Tupac stuff. Wowee! Classics of note! Its all about the love. So while I was trying to get all the job bags off my desk today, I came across this video on Vimeo:



The Watch The Throne mini documentary. If you have ever listened to the album you are really going to love this. Its so cool! All the footage was taken at this castle somewhere close to France, where jay Z and kanye went to record the album. They did this because they didn't want anything to leak prematurely. So cool to see these two musical legends do their thing, they even have Russel Crowe in there. I really enjoyed it, so if you haven't heard the album, kanala people, download that shit, soundcloud that shit. And play that shit loud. Play it loud and enjoy it for what it is. It is truly a masterpiece of a record. Real talk. No jokes.


1 Comments:

  1. Anonymous

    Watched it. Loved it. Now I want to Live it.

     

Post a Comment